QikZip Privacy Notice
When you use QikZip, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. We recommend that you read this thoroughly.
This notice applies to users of QikZip’s services anywhere in the world, including users of QikZip’s apps, websites, features, or other services.
This notice describes how QikZip and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to:
• Users: individuals who request or receive errands and deliveries, including those who receive errands and deliveries requested by another individual
• Drivers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to QikZip to provide, errand and delivery services individually or through partner transportation companies
• Delivery recipients: individuals who request or receive errand and delivery services, or other products and services
• Delivery partners: individuals who provide, or submit applications to QikZip to provide, delivery or other services
• Retail partners: individuals who request or receive errand and delivery services from/to their shoppers
This notice also governs QikZip’s other collections of personal data in connection with QikZip’s services. For example, we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology, features and other third party services.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
In addition, please note the following:
• For users without a QikZip account: The personal data of users who receive errand and delivery service arranged by the owners of a QikZip account, such as when a user receives and errand or delivery arranged by the owner of an QikZip Retailer program (such as a retail store), is processed in accordance with our contract with the owner of that account, and not as otherwise described in this notice. Such processing may include sharing of location data with the owner of that account. Please contact the owner of such account for more information.
Our data practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
B. Data controller and transfer
QikZip Technologies Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with use of QikZip’s services globally.
Questions, comments, and complaints about QikZip’s data practices can be submitted via email to email@example.com
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
• Data provided by users to QikZip, such as during account creation
• Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
• Data from other sources, such as QikZip partners and third parties that use QikZip APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of QikZip:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
• User profile: We collect data when users create or update their QikZip accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies.
• Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for drivers and delivery partners. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on QikZip’s behalf. We also collect identity verification from QikZip users who request alcohol delivery.
• Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys.
• User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact QikZip customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or retail partners, or otherwise contact QikZip. This may include feedback, photographs or other recordings collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
• Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For drivers and delivery partners, QikZip collects this data when the QikZip app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device. Users and delivery recipients may use the QikZip apps without enabling QikZip to collect location data from their mobile devices. However, this may affect some functionality available in the QikZip apps. For example, a user who has not enabled location data collection will have to manually enter their address. In addition, the location data collected from a driver during a trip will be linked to the user’s account, even if they have not enabled location data to be collected from their device, including for purposes of receipt generation, customer support, fraud detection, insurance, and litigation.
• Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
• Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
• Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and QikZip through QikZip’s mobile apps and websites. For example, we enable drivers and users, and retail partners or delivery partners and delivery recipients, to call, text, or send other files to each other (generally without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, QikZip receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications. QikZip may also use this data for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services, and for analytics.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
• User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
• Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
• QikZip account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Retail Partner accounts.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• QikZip retail partners through which users create or access their QikZip account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use QikZip’s APIs or whose APIs QikZip uses.
• Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
• Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or delivery partners.
• Partner transportation companies (for drivers or delivery partners who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
QikZip may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
QikZip collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
• To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
• For customer support
• For research and development
• To enable communications between users
• To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
• In connection with legal proceedings
QikZip does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
QikZip uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. QikZip uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
• Create and update users’ accounts.
• Verify drivers’ and delivery partners’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
• Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
• Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
• Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
• Track and share the progress of errands or deliveries.
• Enable features that allow users to share information with other people, such as when users submit a compliment about a driver, when delivery recipients provide feedback for a retail or delivery partner, refer a friend to QikZip, split fares, or share ETA and location with their contacts.
• Enable features to personalize users’ QikZip accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations. We may, for example, present an QikZip user with personalized recommendations based on their prior orders.
• Enable Accessibility features that make it easier for users with disabilities to use our services, such as those that enable deaf or hard-of-hearing drivers to alert their users of their disabilities, allow only text messages from users, and enable receipt of flashing trip request notifications instead of sound notifications on their mobile device.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
• Screening users, drivers, and delivery partners before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or Users.
• Using data from drivers’ or delivery partners’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices.
• In certain regions, using information derived from driver’s license photos, and other photos submitted to QikZip, for safety and security purposes. This also includes comparing photographs that we have on file against photographs (i) of other users to prevent identity-borrowing, and (ii) from public databases to verify user identity.
• Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
3. Customer support. QikZip uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
• Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
• Investigate and address user concerns
• Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Enabling communications between users. For example, a driver may message or call a user to confirm a pickup location, a user may contact a driver to retrieve a lost item, or a retail partner or delivery partner may call a delivery recipient with information about their order.
6. Marketing. QikZip may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about QikZip services, features, promotions, contests, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
We may also send communications to our users about products and services offered by QikZip partners. For example, if a user has placed an QikZip order, we may provide recommendations, promotions, or ads about similar products or services offered by other QikZip partners. Although we may send users communications about QikZip partners’ products and services, we do not sell users’ personal data to, or share it with, such partners or others for purposes of their own direct marketing or advertising, except with users’ consent.
We may use the data we collect to personalize the marketing communications (including advertisements) that we send, including based on user location, past use of QikZip’s services, and user preferences and settings.
7. Non-marketing communications. QikZip may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of QikZip or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of QikZip’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
• Enabling dynamic pricing, in which the price of an errand or delivery service, or the delivery fee for QikZip orders, is determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted mileage, and the number of users and drivers using QikZip at a given moment.
• Matching available drivers and delivery partners to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on availability, proximity, and other factors.
• Determining driver and delivery partner ratings, and deactivating drivers, users, and delivery partners with low ratings.
• Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm QikZip, its users, and others. In some cases, such as when a user is determined to be abusing QikZip’s various programs, such behavior may result in automatic deactivation.
• Using driver location information, and communications between users and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud. For example, if we determine by using such information that a driver is delaying a users pickup in order to induce additional fees, we will not charge the user a cancellation fee and will adjust the amounts paid to the driver to omit such a fee. To object to such adjustment, please contact QikZip customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
• Authenticating users
• Remembering user preferences and settings
• Determining the popularity of content
• Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
• Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of QikZip’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
QikZip may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
• Users’ first name, rating, errand or delivery details and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
• Delivery recipients’ first name, delivery notes, delivery address, and order information with their delivery partner and retail partner. We may also share ratings and feedback, or other information to the extent required by law, with the retail partner and delivery partner.
• For drivers and delivery partners, we may share data with the User(s), delivery recipient(s), and retail partner(s), including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip); average rating provided by users; total number of trips; length of use of the QikZip app; contact information (depending upon applicable laws); and driver or delivery partner profile, including compliments and other feedback submitted by past users. We also provide Users and delivery recipients with receipts containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, driver or delivery partner first name, photo, route map, and such other information required on invoices in the country or region where the driver or delivery partner operates.
• For those who participate in QikZip’s referral program, we share certain personal data of referred users, such as trip count, with the user who referred them, to the extent relevant to determining the referral bonus.
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
• QikZip retail partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, QikZip may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs; those with an API or service with which we integrate; or retail partners or other QikZip business partners and their users in connection with promotions, contests, or specialized services.
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as QikZip blogs and QikZip social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the QikZip account owner
If a user requests errands and deliveries or places an order using an account owned by another party, we may share their order or trip information, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account. This occurs, for example, when:
• A User takes a trip arranged by a friend
5. With QikZip service providers and business partners
QikZip provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
• Payment processors and facilitators
• Background check and identity verification providers (drivers and delivery partners only)
• Cloud storage providers
• Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
• Data analytics providers
• Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with QikZip or on QikZip’s behalf
• Vendors that assist QikZip to enhance the safety and security of its apps
• Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
• Fleet partners
• Insurance and financing partners
• Retail partners and/or their point of sale providers
6. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
QikZip may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect QikZip’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including trip or order information, with the owner of that credit card.
This also includes sharing personal data with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
7. With consent
QikZip may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
QikZip retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their QikZip account.
QikZip may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
QikZip retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their QikZip account. For drivers and delivery partners, QikZip also retains vehicle and background check information (to the extent permitted by law) for as long as they maintain their QikZip account.
Users and drivers may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting Support at email@example.com. Following such requests, QikZip deletes the data that it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation, or other legal requirements. For example, QikZip retains location, device, and usage data for these purposes for a minimum of 7 years; while it retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of safety, security, fraud prevention and detection, and research and development. In certain circumstances, QikZip may be unable to delete a user’s account, such as if there’s an outstanding credit on the account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, QikZip will delete the account as described above.
QikZip may also retain certain information if necessary for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if QikZip deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, QikZip may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new QikZip account in the future.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of QikZip’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
We collect and use personal data only where we have one or more lawful grounds for doing so. Such grounds may vary depending on where our users are located, but generally include processing personal data:
a. To provide requested services and features
In order to provide our services, we must collect and use certain personal data. This includes:
• User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity; communicate with users about their trips, orders, and accounts; and enable users to make payments or receive earnings
• Background trip information, which is used to verify an applicant’s eligibility to be a driver or delivery partner
• Driver and delivery partner location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
• Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance QikZip’s services, including to determine incentives, connect Users and drivers, and calculate costs of trips and driver earnings
• Transaction information
• Information relating to customer support
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of QikZip or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we use personal data to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining data of banned users to prevent their use of QikZip’s apps. We also use usage data to prevent matching of Users and drivers for whom there is higher risk of conflict (for instance, because they have been the subject of prior complaints from other users).
This also includes purposes such as combating fraud; improving our services, direct marketing, research, and development; and enforcing QikZip’s Terms of Service.
In addition, it includes using personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal or insurance claims, and to protect the rights and safety of others.
c. To fulfill QikZip’s legal obligations
For example, QikZip is subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain data about our users’ trips, and to provide copies of such data to the authorities. We collect and use personal data to comply with such laws.
QikZip may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
d. With consent
QikZip may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys. Responses to such surveys are collected on the basis of consent and will be deleted once no longer necessary for the purposes collected.
A user who has provided consent to a collection or use of their personal data can revoke it at any time. However, the user will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
IV. Choice and transparency
QikZip enables users to access and control the data that QikZip collects, including through:
• In-app settings
• Device permissions
• In-app ratings pages
• Marketing opt-outs
QikZip also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that QikZip restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Settings menus in the user’s phone will allow Users the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from QikZip.
Users may enable or disallow QikZip to collect location data from their mobile devices through the Privacy setting in their mobile phones. Users and delivery recipients can enable or disallow such collections through the settings on their mobile device.
• Share Live Location (Users)
Users who have enabled QikZip to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable QikZip to share their location with their driver from the time the ride is requested to the start of the trip. This can help improve pickups for both drivers and Users, particularly in crowded areas.
Users who have enabled QikZip to collect location data from their mobile device may also enable the Emergency Data Sharing feature that shares data with emergency police, fire, and ambulance services. Such data includes approximate location at the time the emergency call was placed; the car’s make, model, color, and license plate information; the User’s name and phone number; pickup and dropoff locations; and the driver’s name.
QikZip provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the QikZip app and cannot be disabled.
Users may enable QikZip to send push notifications about discounts and news from QikZip. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the User’s mobile phone.
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the QikZip app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the QikZip app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
C. Ratings look-up
After every trip, drivers and Users are able to rate each other on a scale from 1 to 5. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services. For example, User ratings are available to drivers from whom they request transportation, and driver ratings are available to their Users.
Users can see their average rating in the main menu of the QikZip app. Drivers can see their average rating after tapping their profile photo in the QikZip Driver app.
D. Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from QikZip. Users may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from QikZip by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. We may still send users who have opted out non-promotional communications, such as receipts for rides or information about their account.
E. User data requests
QikZip provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about QikZip’s handling of their data. To make a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accessing data: Users can ask for an explanation of the data we collect from them and how we use it.
• Receiving data: Users can ask for a copy of data that QikZip collects from them with their consent or as necessary to provide our services.
• Changing or updating data: Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through the Settings menu in QikZip’s apps or their respective portal. They may also ask that QikZip change or update their data, including if they believe such data is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Deleting data: Users may request deletion of their account at any time by contacting email@example.com.
• Objections, restrictions, and complaints: Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. QikZip may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
In addition, depending on their location, users may have the right to file a complaint relating to QikZip’s handling of their personal data with the data protection authority in their country.
V. Updates to this notice
We may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
We may occasionally update this notice. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the QikZip apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.